Backpack Project

For sixth grade summer reading I read the book Finding Someplace by Denise Lewis Patrick which is a book about a girl named Reesie tasked with the challenge of Hurricane Katrina. Reesie was in a situation where she needed to save some items in the house from getting washed away in the storm, but the items were required to fit into her backpack. She chose a few important things like birth certificates, notebooks, etc. If I was in a similar situation to her and I had to fit my things into a backpack I would put important documents into it like birth certificates, passports and registration papers in order to prevent ever losing those very important items. I would also bring a water bottle and a chocolate bar to clench my hunger and to prevent dehydration. If lost, I would bring a flare gun, matches, a flashlight, and a whistle. In order to not get wounds or cuts infected I would bring a first aid kit containing bandages, sanitizer, and varied medicines. I would bring a Swiss Army knife for many reasons, for example to deal with looters, cut through debris, or to open canned food. And finally, I would bring an IPhone with a charger in order to keep in touch with lost or separated family members.

One thought on “Backpack Project”